BE THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN OUR BUSINESS
We are hiring: Group Marketing Manager
Hi, Mike Hall here, CEO – pleased to meet you.
If there is one thing I’ve learned, above all else, in over 30 years in business, it is…
Marketing is not just a department in the business. It is the business.
What we sell is truly great.
The mission is to make sure everyone knows how great our products are.
All members of our team are involved in marketing in one way or the other.
We have two marketing assistants in our team. Currently, they report directly to me as CEO.
That’s how important I think marketing is.
But, I have a problem…
We are now growing at a rate where it is clear we need a marketing professional with more experience.
And that is where you come in…
We need to fully exploit the abundance of opportunities available to us to grow even faster.
WE NEED YOU!
You need to take complete ownership and control of our marketing.
You will be working very closely with me. I have lots of exciting ideas to share with you.
I need you to help me make these ideas a reality.
You will be the most important member of our team.
Our Group currently owns and runs two websites, both experiencing considerable growth right now:
Just Collecting is an online business trading in high quality rare collectibles. We are profitable, have no debt and strong financial backing from our Chairman, a successful entrepreneur highly experienced and regarded in our industry.
Over the past 20 years, we’ve worked with over 2,000 high net worth clients who have trusted us with more than $200 million in helping them build their collections.
During the pandemic our sales grew by 250%. This was because our clients were spending a larger amount of time online and people with more spare time on their hands took up collecting for the first time.
The collectibles market is very strong today and with high inflation there is a growing interest from investors looking for rare tangible assets as part of a sensible wealth diversification strategy.
Our primary skill is in writing e-mail sales copy which results in a very high conversion rate (around 40%). Our average order value is £10,000 and we have sold unique items in the past for more than £1 million.
JewelStreet is an award winning global online marketplace. We champion independent designers of authentic handmade jewellery, handbags, fashion and beauty products. We already have over 70,000 unique products for sale and have many more exciting product categories in the pipeline.
What we do is connect these wonderful independent designers and fashion brands with customers all over the world. Our customers value unique handcrafted designs over fast fashion volumes and discounts.
During lockdown we more than doubled in size and now champion over 700 independent businesses.
Things are moving fast…
We have over 50,000 designers in our sales pipeline and we are currently growing the team to capitalise on this huge opportunity.
We also have an e-mail database of over 50,000 highly engaged readers and social media reach of over 200,000 followers.
This year, we are expanding our offering to include pre-owned luxury goods including designer handbags, watches and antique jewellery.
Because we are achieving such high levels of growth, we are currently investing considerably in building our passionate and dedicated team.
Do you have what it takes to join us on our exciting journey?
Let’s find out…
Firstly, I have 3 questions for you:
1. Are you truly passionate about the art of marketing?
2. Can you lead from the front and multi-task?
3. Are you self-motivated with a desire to succeed?
If your answer is yes to all three questions, then please read on…
How important are the following to you in making the right career decision?
1. I want to work for a business in an industry which is dynamic and growing fast
2. I want to be part of a team who support one another and all work together towards achieving a common goal
3. I want my work to be interesting and varied each day
4. I want to be a key member of the team with a direct reporting line to the CEO
5. I want a career where there is a possibility to make a life-changing amount of money based on the successful growth of the company
If these are important to you, we should talk.
About the Opportunity
We are an online business trading in high quality rare collectibles at www.justcollecting.com and handmade jewellery by independent designers at www.jewelstreet.com.
We need someone with the drive and passion to take overall responsibility for the execution of our marketing strategy and management of our marketing team.
The role will involve leading all elements of our marketing strategy including, in particular, digital marketing, social media and affiliate relationships.
You will need to have prior experience in a marketing managerial role, an entrepreneurial mindset and hands-on commercial experience.
You will need past experience in an ecommerce business.
You can think creatively, work collaboratively and do whatever it takes to make our marketing a success.
What we will give you
We have offices in St Helier, Jersey and Clifton, Bristol.
You can decide which office you want to work in.
The working hours are 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Obviously, a position as important as this would likely involve working additional hours as and when required.
We are able to offer a competitive basic salary.
You will also be included in the company’s bonus scheme based on a distribution of 5% of profits generated each year to the team. The scheme is uncapped, so the financial opportunity is limitless.
You will also be eligible for a share option award after completion of 12 month’s service. This makes sure you share in the company’s success and could provide you with a material financial reward in the next few years. This is at the core of our culture.
The role officially reports directly to me as CEO. In practice, we all work together as a close-knit team.
You won’t find any bureaucracy or office politics in our Company. We are too busy for such non-productive stuff. We are growing something real and exciting here, and we want you to be part of our journey.
Time to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime…
The full job description is provided below for your information.
If this opportunity presses your buttons, and you want to be a pivotal part of an ambitious team in an exciting role, contact me today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you for interview.
CEO, Just Collecting Limited
PS. Please share this if you think there might be someone who could find this role of interest within your contact list – much appreciated, thanks!
Group Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Mike Hall, CEO
Location: St Helier, Jersey or Clifton, Bristol
We are looking for an entrepreneurial marketing manager who will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing our strategic marketing plans. The primary objectives are to attract new customers and to maximise the lifetime value from existing customers. The marketing manager will have responsibility for managing the marketing team, agreeing budgets and ROAS targets with the CEO, managing campaigns and reporting to the main Board on results.
The successful applicant will have experience in a marketing managerial role within an ecommerce business and will think creatively, work collaboratively and have an inherent drive to achieve success.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and manage all marketing campaigns for the Group
- Implement the marketing strategy as agreed with the Board
- Working with CEO to agree marketing budgets and responsibility for managing marketing spend against budget
- Management and coordination of marketing and creative staff
- Creative input and management of brainstorming sessions to generate ideas for new campaigns
- Generating new business leads for the sales team through targeted campaigns
- Ensure the Group is communicating the right messaging to attract prospective customers and to maximise the lifetime value of existing customers
- Monitoring of campaigns, ensuring staff meet deadlines and complete necessary tasks
- Analyse data to evaluate the success of marketing campaigns and generate new ideas to enhance future performance from marketing activities
- Reporting to the Board on results of campaigns weekly and monthly
- Following developments in the industry, competition, trends and leading the way in the market
- Increasing brand awareness through SEO and pay-per-click advertising and management of PR campaigns
- Managing relationships with outside agencies and affiliates to maximise performance from 3rd party service providers
- Acting as an interface between the various internal functions supporting the implementation of the marketing plan including copywriting, design and sales
- An entrepreneurial mindset with hands-on commercial experience
- Prior experience in a marketing managerial role within an ecommerce business
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design etc.
- Superb leadership, communication and collaboration abilities
- Driven and target focussed
- Competitive basic salary
- Inclusion in the company’s uncapped annual bonus scheme
- Share option award after 12 month’s service
- 25 days Holiday + Public Holidays
This is an exciting opportunity to become involved in a new and fast-growing market where successful delivery of the strategy would lead to material financial rewards.