DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?
We are hiring: Senior Category Manager – Pre-Owned Luxury Goods
Hi, Mike Hall here, CEO – pleased to meet you.
If there is one thing I’ve learned, above all else, in over 30 years in business, it is…
If I put 100% focus and effort into a BIG opportunity, it will likely prove successful and the financial rewards will duly follow.
If I put anything less than this maximum effort into an opportunity, it is more likely to fail to achieve its potential.
And today, that’s where I have a problem…
Right now, I see a major opportunity for our fast-growing online business in a new product category.
That category is pre-owned luxury goods including designer handbags, watches and jewellery offering sustainable luxury to our customers.
It is one of the fastest growing markets in the world right now.
In 2021, the global second-hand luxury goods market reached a value of $28.3 billion.
The market is forecast to grow to $47.1 billion by 2027.
Our Group currently owns and runs two websites, both experiencing considerable growth right now:
In our collecting business, over the past 20 years, we’ve worked with over 2,000 high net worth clients who have trusted us with more than $200 million in helping them build their collections.
We also have an e-mail database of over 50,000 highly engaged readers and social media reach of over 200,000 followers.
I think it is safe to say that our clients and audience are the typical buyers of high value luxury goods.
Our primary skill is in writing e-mail sales copy which results in a very high conversion rate (around 40%). Our average order value is £10,000 and we have sold unique items in the past for more than £1 million.
Consequently, we are very confident we can build a new category on our websites for luxury pre-owned goods and generate a significant new revenue stream.
But, this still leaves me with a problem I need to fix…
Because our current business and existing categories are enjoying such high levels of growth right now, we need to continue to develop and capitalise on existing categories.
I don’t have the time to give the focus needed to make the new luxury goods category the huge success it can be.
And that’s where you come in…
I am looking for someone who is both self-motivated and results-orientated for this key business development role.
You will have full P&L accountability and responsibility for the successful development of the pre-owned luxury goods category on our websites.
The remuneration structure will ensure your financial rewards are inextricably linked to sales and profits achieved from this new product category.
Maximum success could make you a millionaire. I’ve seen it happen before when the opportunity is this big.
The only question is, do you have what it takes to make this work for you and for us?
Let’s find out…
Firstly, I have 3 questions for you:
1. Are you entrepreneurial and love a challenge?
2. Can you lead from the front and multi-task?
3. Are you passionate about luxury goods?
If your answer is yes to all three questions, then please read on…
How important are the following to you in making the right career decision?
1. I want to work for a business in an industry which is dynamic and growing fast
2. I want to be part of a team who support one another and all work together towards achieving a common goal
3. I want my work to be interesting and varied each day
4. I want to be an important member of the team with a direct reporting line to the CEO
5. I want a career where there is a possibility to make a life-changing amount of money based on a successful and highly profitable execution
If these are important to you, we should talk.
When you come to work with us, you will be a key and important member of our team. I want you to grow with us.
About the Opportunity
We are profitable, have no debt and strong financial backing from our Chairman, a successful entrepreneur highly experienced and regarded in our industry.
Despite the challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic, we increased our bottom line profit by over 300% last year.
A major opportunity has presented itself to develop our online product offering into high quality, authentic pre-owned luxury goods.
We now need someone with the drive and passion to take overall business development responsibility for this new and important product category.
The role will involve leading strategy, product sourcing, development of the online offering, marketing and sales.
We are in a very strong position already as we know our client base are the natural target market for these products.
We are looking for a senior category manager to take us in this new and exciting direction and to seize the moment of maximum opportunity.
You will need to have an entrepreneurial mindset with hands-on commercial experience.
You will need past experience in ecommerce, sales, business development and procurement or buying.
You should also have project management, client relationship management, marketing and execution capabilities.
You can think creatively, work collaboratively and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
A passion for and interest in luxury goods including designer handbags, watches and jewellery will be advantageous to drive success.
What we will give you
We have offices in St Helier, Jersey and Clifton, Bristol.
You can decide which office you want to work in.
The working hours are 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Obviously, a position like this would likely involve working additional hours as and when required.
We are able to offer a competitive basic salary.
You will also be included in the company’s bonus scheme based on a distribution of 5% of profits generated each year to the team. The scheme is uncapped, so the financial opportunity is limitless.
You will also be eligible for a share option award after completion of 12 month’s service. This makes sure you share in the company’s success and could provide you with a material financial reward in the next few years. This is at the core of our culture.
The role officially reports directly to me as CEO. In practice, we all work together as a close-knit team.
You won’t find any bureaucracy or office politics in our Company. We are too busy for such non-productive stuff. We are growing something real and exciting here, and we want you to be part of our journey.
Time to grasp the opportunity of a lifetime…
The full job description is provided below for your information.
If this opportunity presses your buttons, and you want to be part of an ambitious team in an exciting role, contact me today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you for interview.
CEO, Just Collecting Limited
PS. Please share this if you think there might be someone who could find this role of interest within your contact list – much appreciated, thanks!
Senior Category Manager – Pre-Owned Luxury Goods
Reporting to: Mike Hall, CEO
Location: St Helier, Jersey or Clifton, Bristol
We are looking for an entrepreneurial senior category manager who will be responsible for developing a new product category in pre-owned luxury goods on our websites. The category manager will have responsibility for the product category involving overall leadership, procurement or buying, marketing, client relationship management and execution under the direct support and guidance of the CEO.
The successful applicant will have experience in ecommerce, sales and business development and will think creatively, work collaboratively and have an inherent drive to achieve success.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Being in overall charge of the pre-owned luxury goods product category, following developments in the industry, competition, trends and leading the way in the market
- Defining and executing the business development plan in close collaboration with other areas of the business
- Acting as an interface between the various internal functions supporting the business development including marketing, copywriting, client relationship management and finance
- Identifying suppliers that are the right fit for our authentic quality-curated pre-owned luxury goods offering
- Building strong relationships with the suppliers, convincing them to work with us and onboarding their products onto our websites
- Negotiating for favourable terms with suppliers in terms of selections and price
- Responsibility for marketing budget and working with the marketing team to deliver successful campaigns, client recruitment and existing client sales conversions
- Persistent focus on driving sales of pre-owned luxury goods listed on our websites, providing a client experience of excellence
- Managing client relationships to ensure their satisfaction and that all their needs are met
- Assisting in designing services within the roadmap of company innovation in digital experience and commerce
- Reporting to the Board regularly on progress, financial performance and performance against agreed KPIs
- An entrepreneurial mindset with hands-on commercial experience
- Prior experience in ecommerce, sales, business development and procurement or buying
- Knowledgeable and passionate about pre-owned luxury goods products
- Proven ability to take ownership of a business development plan
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Self-motivated, ambitious and with an attention to detail
- Driven and target focussed
- Competitive basic salary
- Inclusion in the company’s uncapped annual bonus scheme
- Share option award after 12 month’s service
- 25 days Holiday + Public Holidays
This is an exciting opportunity to become involved in a new and fast-growing market where successful delivery of the strategy would lead to material financial rewards.