Bradford Exchange Elvis Plates
Bradford Exchange Elvis Plates are collectible ceramic plates featuring images of Elvis Presley.
Brief history and description
The Bradford Exchange is a company known for releasing a variety of different limited-edition collectibles and gifts, such as celebrity memorabilia items, china, plates and much more.
The company was founded in Chicago, Illinois in 1973 by J. Roderick MacArthur, and was initially a computerized trading center for limited-edition collector's plates.
The Bradford Exchange released a collection of various Elvis Presley plates during the 1970s, all of which were formed in the shape of guitars and featured portraits of Presley in the center. Some of the many Bradford Exchange Elvis plates include "The Vegas Legend" (1974), "The Super Star" (1974), "The Encore" (1971), "The Vision" (1971), "The Dream" (1977), "Aloha From Hawaii" (1973), and "The Spirit" (1975), to name a few.
Guide for collectors
The Bradford Exchange's "Vegas Legend" Elvis Presley plate (circa 1974) is considered to be the most valuable among collectors, but not necessarily the most rare. Bradford Exchange Elvis Presley plates which are sold as a complete set are the most sought after by collectors.
Restoration of a Bradford Exchange Elvis plate is recommended, but only if there is noticeable damage. However, restoring the plate may decrease its value.
For more information regarding Bradford Exchange Elvis plates, visit the Bradford Exchange's official website.
Priddy's Auction Galleries, Inc. in Denver, Colorado sold:
- A Bradford Exchange Elvis plate titled "The Vegas Legend" (circa 1974; 12.5" x 5.75") for $30 in January of 2005
- "The Inspiration" for $10 in January of 2005
- The "Super Star" (circa 1974) for $10 in January of 2005
- "The Encore" (circa 1971) or $10 in January of 2005.
- A Bradford Exchange Elvis plate titled "The Home Town Hero" for $20 in January of 2005
- An Elvis plate titled "The Dream" (circa 1977) for $20 in January of 2005
- An Elvis plate titled "The Come Back" for $20 in January of 2005
- A Bradford Exchange Elvis plate titled "The Passion" for $10 in January of 2005.