Oil Painting Hunting Gun Dog & Grouse In Flight Listed Artist Eugene Kingman
- 1 In The Victorian Style Original Fine Art Oil On Canvas Painting Hunting Gun Dog & Grouse In Flight Set In A Wooded Landscape Kingman.
- Oil on canvas painting signed by the famous listed American School Artist Eugene Kingman.
- Subject depicting a gun dog, in grassy wooded area landscape.
- Chasing a couple of game birds grouse which have just taken flight.
- The dog shown is a brown and white gun pointer dog.
- Very pleasing to the eye.
- A superb hunters investors collectors item.
- The artist Eugene Kingman was born in Rhode Island in 1909 and died in 1975.
- He was an accomplished landscape painter, and one of the Regionalist American artists, whose realistic pieces depicted rural and small town U.S.A.
- Kingman was interested in art from an early age, and eventually received a degree in Fine Arts from Yale University.
- Whilst he was there, he accepted a commission from the National Park Service, and seven of his park scenes were exhibited at the Paris Expo.
- In addition to canvas pieces, artist Eugene Kingman painted murals, including one for The New York Times building.
- His landscapes for sale feature American national parks, including the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, and Mt. Rainier.
- Kingman eventually became the director of the Joslyn Art Museum in Omaha, where he worked to promote the arts.
- He worked in a high contrast manner, putting highlights and shade next to each other with little blending.
- The high contrast creates quite a dramatic rendering, which is reinforced by the use of intense, saturated colours.
- The surface of the canvases are rough with the marks of Kingman's paint application, most likely with a palette knife.
- The lighting in Kingman's scenes feels quite harsh, due in part to the use of unmodified whites and yellows as highlights, and also because of the sharp juxtaposition of highlights and shadows.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having noticeable wear, scuffs to the frame and some minor chips commensurate with usage & age.
- Some foxing staining to the back of the canvas in places.
- Set in a beautiful gilt frame.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for home display.
- Circa mid 20th century 1950's.
- International worldwide shipping is available via ebay global shipping programme please ask.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.