Marine Oil Painting Tall Ships Cornish Coastal Fishing Port Mevagissey H Barden
- 1 Fine Art Marine Oil Painting Tall Ships Docked Cornish Coastal Village Historic Fishing Port Mevagissey South West England.
- Distinctively signed by a well known listed artist Harry Barden.
- Subject maritime coastal scene of tall ships docked in Cornish fishing port.
- With rather pretty houses in the background.
- Oil on canvas.
- Using a traditional photorealism style of painting.
- With extreme accuracy in its execution having beautifully controlled brush work.
- It looks so realistic it feels like you are there an incredible artist.
- English school trained at the West of England College of Art in Bristol.
- A colourful character who came from London, he lived in Mitchum.
- Provenance his granddaughter informed us that his real name is Henry Bowers, after his first wife died his second wife called Brenda suggested to Henry to sign his paintings as H Barden. As it was an anagram of their names, he used to sign his paintings Gilly which was his first wifes nickname.
- When he remarried he moved to Falmouth.
- His works include many paintings of the landscapes & seascapes around the south west of England.
- Highly talented artist considered the Constable Of Cornwall & Falmouth.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- We only sell fine quality oil paintings based on their quality & significance.
- Set in a beautiful gilt frame.
- Approximate unwrapped weight of frame 1kg.
- With hanging thread, ready for home display.
- Circa late 20th century 1970's.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.