Impressionist Oil Painting Gypsy Camp Women Dancing After Joseph Farquharson
- 1 Fine Wall Art In The Late Victorian Style Impressionist Oil Painting of Gypsy Camp Wagons Women Dancing After Joseph Farquharson.
- Subject 19th century Gypsy figures camp scene, wagons in background with women in foreground dancing.
- Indistinctly signed by an unknown artist.
- In the style of similar after Joseph Farquhaeson.
- Beautifully brush work and use of pallet knife.
- Joseph Farquharson studied at the Board of Manufacture School in Edinburgh with Peter Graham.
- He enjoyed great success with Joyless Winter Day in 1877 Wishing to escape this label, he left for the continent and attended the studio of Carolus-Duran in Paris from 1880 to 1884 and began painting compositions with figures.
- Oil on board Set in a fine gilt wood frame.
- We only sell fine oil paintings based on their quality & significance.
- A superb wall display item.
- Fine Christmas present.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Circa late 20th century 1970's.
- Provenance bought from a private seller.
- Condition report offered in fine used condition.
- Having some brush hairs attached to the board in places, foxing staining, some wear, scuffs, cracking, chips to the frame commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available via ebay global shipping programme please ask.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.