Panini is a sports trading card and collectibles manufacturer headquartered in Modena, Italy and also based in North and South America, and the United Kingdom.
It is sponsored by a number of noted sports organisations, including: NFL, NFLPlayers, NBA, NHL and NHLPA.
The company was founded in 1961 in Modena, Italy by Giuseppe Panini.
Panini became widely known for its its football (soccer) collections in the 1960s, which later became a collecting phenomenon.
Notable releases by the company include:
- 2010 Panini Certified Hockey
- 2010 Panini Absolute Football
- 2010 Panini Prestige Basketball
- 2010 Panini Epix Football]]]
- 2010 Panini Threads Football
New Panini card releases often include signed cards by featured sportsmen. Examples include rookie autograph cards from its 2010 National Treasures Football series signed by players including Arrelious Benn of the Buccaneers and Andri Roberts of the Arizona Cardinals.
The Player's Inc Football Award was presented to Ann Powell (owner of Donruss, acquired by Panini in 2009) for creating "Unsung Heroes" under the Playoff brand.
This provided a platform to showcase the commitment of NFL Players to their teams and their communities and allowed Player's Inc to improve the quality of life for DC Special Olympics.
- Beckett Media (Editor's Choice) Product of the Year Playoff Prime Cuts Baseball
- Beckett Media (Editor's Choice) Rip Donruss Threads Baseball
- Beckett Media (Editor's Choice) Best Game-Used Set Playoff Prime Cuts Baseball - Colossal
- Beckett Media (Editor's Choice) Best Surprise Inclusion Donruss Elite Cat Osterman
In 2009, Panini acquired the Texas-based sports trading card manufacturer Donruss.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.