Top 10: Teddy Bears
10) 1925 Steiff teddy clown bear - £23,500
A rare Steiff teddy bear in clown apparel, dating from the mid 1920s, sold at Christie's in 2006 for £23,500.
9) Steiff Dicky teddy bear - £26,400
A Steiff ‘Dicky’ teddy bear made in 1930 sold at Sotheby’s in 2007 for £26,400.
8) Steiff hot water bottle teddy bear - £31,200
This 1910 antique teddy houses a hot water bottle inside a fur jacket with lace ties. It sold at Christie’s for £31,200 in December 2006.
7) Steiff Elliot teddy bear - £49,500
A blue Steiff Elliot teddy bear dating from 1908 sold at Christie’s for £49,500 in 1993.
6) Steiff Harlequin teddy bear - £60,000
Multi-coloured Harlequin teddy bear made in 1925 sold for £60,000 at the 1999 Steiff Festival in Giengen, Germany.
5) Steiff ‘Rod’ Bear PB28 - £82,000
The oldest known Steiff teddy bear, made in 1904, sold for £82,000 at the 2002 Steiff Festival in Giengen, Germany.
4) Steiff Titanic mourning teddy bear - £91,750
A 1912 black mourning teddy bear, made to commemorate the sinking of the Titanic, sold at Christie’s for £91,750 in 2000.
3) Steiff Happy teddy bear - £101,556
1926 Steiff Happy teddy bear sold for £101,556 at the 2002 Steiff Festival in Giengen, Germany. Another Happy bear had previously sold for £55,000 at Sotheby’s in 1989.
2) Steiff Teddy Girl bear - £110,000
A 1904 Teddy Girl bear, cinnamon coloured, sold at Christie’s in 1994 for £110,000. This bear was originally purchased in 1904 for Colonel Robert Henderson on the day that he was born.
1) Steiff’s Louis Vuitton teddy bear - $2.1 million (£1.3 milliion)
At a charity auction in Monaco in 2000, this limited edition Steiff designer teddy made the same year, sold for $2.1 million.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.