Mother's Helper Vintage Board Game
Mother’s Helper is a vintage board game produced by the American company Milton Bradley.
Mother’s Helper was a board game, published in 1968/69, in which players had to compete to finish household chores to win the title of ‘Mother’s helper’. Designed for 2 – 4 players, the game included tasks such as tidying away toys, watering flowers, fetching slippers and mowing the lawn.
The game was designed to help children with their reading skills and, according to the instructions, “teach your children good habits”.
Guide for collectors
To ensure the game is complete with all its parts, collectors should check for the following items:
- Game board X 1
- Spinner X 1
- Toggle pawns X 4
- Chore cards X 20
The cards are:
- Pick up toys in the CHILDREN'S ROOM upstairs
- Make up bed in the CHILDREN'S ROOM. Draw another card there.
- Please get a toy for the Baby in CHILDREN'S ROOM
- Whoops! - Rain Please close windows in PARENT'S ROOM
- Open the window in the PARENT'S ROOM
- Please get Mother's slippers in the PARENT'S ROOM
- Water the flowers in the LIVING ROOM
- Mother wants the newspaper in the LIVING ROOM
- Please clean the rug in LIVING ROOM Draw another card there
- Mother needs a fresh towel from the BATHROOM
- Please clean the bathtub in the BATHROOM
- Get towels from the BATHROOM for laundry
- Take the letter to the MAILBOX in the front of the house
- Get mail from the MAILBOX in the FRONT of the house
- Go to the ATTIC for old-fashioned dress in trunk
- Daddy needs his suitcase in ATTIC. Draw another card there
- Water the LAWN in the FRONT of the house
- Mow LAWN in front of house. Draw another card there.
- Company coming help Mother set table in the DINING ROOM
- Get dishes in the DINING ROOM — Come back quickly
How much is a Mother’s Helper board game worth?
The game is relatively popular with collectors, and is considered fairly rare in good condition. Games made in 1968/69 with a complete set of pieces and cards can sell for $20 - $50, depending on their condition.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.