Kansas City Chiefs Collectibles And Memorabilia
Kansas City Chiefs Collectibles And Memorabilia are items relating to the professional American football team based in Kansas City, Missouri.
The team was established in 1960 and was originally called the Dallas Texans, but changed their name after moving to Kansas City, Missouri in 1960.
The Kansas City Chiefs have won two League Championships, three AFL Championships in 1962, 1966 and 1969, one AFL-NFL Super Bowl Championship in 1969, and eight Division Championships in 1962, 1966, 1971, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2003 and 2010.
Some of the most notable players who once played for the team include Joe Montana (who played for the Chiefs from 1993 to 1994), and Derrick Thomas (who played for the team from 1989 to 1999).
Types of Kansas City Chiefs collectibles and memorabilia
DuMouchelles in Detroit, Michigan sold Joe Montana's signed Kansas City Chiefs helmet for $275 in December of 2004.
Dirk Soulis Auctions in Lone Jack, Missouri sold:
- Derrick Thomas' Kansas Chief's "Player of the Week" football which represents Thomas being listed as the Defensive Player of the Week on September 3rd, 1995. The football was sold for $550 in August of 2005.
- Another one of Derrick Thomas' "Player of the Week" footballs for $575 in August of 2005.
- Derrick Thomas' signed and personally owned football which also features a portrait of Thomas for $650 in August of 2005.
Nate D. Sanders in Los Angeles, California sold:
- A Kansas City Chiefs vs. Boston Patriots AFL program from November 17th, 1963 for $228 in June of 2007.
- A Kansas City Chiefs vs. Houston Oilers program from October 27th, 1963 for $135 in June of 2007.
- A Kansas City Chiefs vs. New York Jets program from November 24th, 1963 for $157 in June of 2007.
Rich Penn Auctions in Waterloo, Iowa sold a neon Miller Lite sign featuring the Kansas Chief Chiefs logo for $130 in November of 2011, and a neon Bud Light sign featuring the Kansas City Chiefs logo for $100 in November of 2011.
Wiederseim Associates, Inc. in Chester Springs, Pennsylvania sold a Kansas City Chief railroad drumhead/tail sign for $175 in September of 2007.
Heritage Auctions in Dallas, Texas sold a 1967 Super Bowl I press pass for the Kansas City Chiefs vs. the Green Bay Packers game on January 14th, 1967 for $280 in November of 2011.
Guide for collectors
Memorabilia that was once owned, used or signed by Derrick Thomas (who played for the team from 1989 to 1999) and Joe Montana (who played for the team from 1993 to 1994) is considered to be the most valuable.
Memorabilia that dates back to before the 1970s is considered to be more rare than memorabilia from the 1990s to present, as well as memorabilia from when the team was called the Dallas Texans (circa 1960 to 1963).
Restoration of a Kansas City Chiefs jersey, helmet, uniform, sign, program, football, Championship ring or Championship coin is not recommended.
For more information regarding where to find Kansas City Chiefs memorabilia, visit the Kansas City Chiefs' official website, the NFL Shop or Football Fanatics.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.