Denver Nuggets Collectibles And Memorabilia
Denver Nuggets Collectibles And Memorabilia are items relating to the American N.B.A basketball team the Denver Nuggets.
The Denver Nuggets are a professional American basketball team based in Denver, Colorado and were founded in 1967, although they didn't join the NBA until 1976. The team colors are navy, white, gold and powder blue.
The team name was originally the Denver Rockets until they changed their name to the Nuggets in 1976.
As of 2011 the Denver Nuggets have not won any NBA Championships, however, they have won one Conference title in 1976, as well as three ABA Division titles in 1970, 1975 and 1976, and seven NBA Division titles in 1977, 1978, 1985, 1988, 2006, 2009 and 2010.
Former Denver Nuggets players who have since been inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame include Alex English, Dan Issel and David Thompson, and the team currently has four retired player numbers: #2 (in honor of Alex English, who played for the team from 1980 to 1990), #33 (in honor of David Thompson, 1975 to 1982), #40 (in honor of Byron Beck, who played from 1967 to 1977) and #44 (in honor of Dan Issel, who played from 1976 to 1985).
Types of memorabilia
Grey Flannel Auctions, Inc. in Westhampton, New York have sold items including:
- Bobby Jones' used 1975 Denver Nuggets jersey for $5,000 in September of 2008
- David Thompson's used 1978 Denver Nuggets jersey for $7,000 in September of 2008
- Kenyon Martin's used 2004-2005 Denver Nuggets home jersey for $750 in September of 2009
- Alex English's used 1988-1989 Denver Nuggets jersey for $1,900 in September of 2009
- Wilson Chandler's used 1975-1976 Denver Nuggets jersey for $2,250 in September of 2008
- Mike Green's used 1975-1975 Denver Nuggets jersey for $750 in September of 2009
- Walter Davis' used 1988-1989 Denver Nuggets jersey for $1,100 in September of 2007
- Claude Terry's used 1972-1973 Denver Rockets' jersey for $950 in September of 2009
- Alex English's used 1988-1989 Denver Nuggets jersey for $1,800 in September of 2008
- Dan Issel's used Denver Nuggets jersey (circa early 1980s) for $3,000 in September of 2009
- Carmelo Anthony's used 2003-2004 Denver Nuggets rookie jersey for $850 in September of 2007
Sotheby's in New York sold Alex English's used Denver Nuggets home jersey (circa 1980s) for $1,440 in June of 2006.
Grey Flannel Auctions, Inc. in Westhampton, New York sold a Denver Rockets warm-up jacket and pants (circa early 1970s) for $1,500 in September of 2007, and David Thompson's used and signed Denver Nuggets warm-up jacket and pants for $3,000 in September of 2006.
Guide for collectors
Memorabilia that was once signed, owned or used by Bobby Jones (who played for the team from 2007 to 2008), David Thompson (1975 to 1982), Kenyon Martin (2004 to 2011), Alex English (from 1980 to 1990), Wilson Chandler (2011), Mike Green (1974 to 1978), Walter Davis (1988 to 1991), Dan Issel (1976 to 1985) or Carmelo Anthony (2003 to 2011) is considered to be the most valuable.
Memorabilia with the Denver Nugget's original name (the Denver Rockets) is considered to be both rare and valuable as well.
Restoration of any Denver Nuggets memorabilia item is not recommended.
For more information regarding where to find Denver Nuggets memorabilia, visit their official site at www.nuggets.com.Main article: Sports memorabilia
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.