Lot 9290: Archive of material from the collection of C. H. Bagwell, an engineer for NASA at the Lunar Landing Research Facility at Langley, including signed and unsigned photos, official NASA manuals, patches, papers, and other ephemera. Highlights include:
- Official color 10 x 8 NASA lithograph of the Apollo 11 crew in their white spacesuits against a lunar background, signed in black ballpoint by Neil Armstrong.
- Glossy 7.5 x 10 photo of a Lunar Module prototype during training, signed in black felt tip by Alan Shepard.
- Felt tip signature of Neil Armstrong on an off-white card.
- Glossy 10 x 8 NASA photo of personnel, signed in black felt tip by Gene Cernan and signed on the reverse by those pictured; also includes a similar photo signed by the personnel only.
- A 'Master Countdown' manual for the last NASA Scout, signed on the front cover by many of the personnel that worked on the program.
- A notebook labeled "S-217C/Radcal Mission," filled out in pencil with lists of many components and parts received. Also includes an official 'Master Countdown' manual for this mission.
- A one-of-a-kind candid photo of a simulator LM during training, hoisted from above by wires over a moon-like terrain.
Other items include well over one hundred unsigned photographs; assorted patches, pins, and ephemera; and some additional paperwork and documents. In overall fine condition, with soiling to the top of the Shepard-signed photo. The Scout program developed a launch vehicle for satellites that had an extremely high success rate, and in addition to the highly desirable signed photos this archive offers plenty of interesting material related to the production of this launch vehicle.
RR Auction's Space and Aviation Auction 463
Thursday, 22nd October 2015
Write a response...