Small Fine Victorian Style Hallmarked Silver Plate Wine Coaster After George Fox
- 1 Small Decorative Victorian Style Hallmarked Silver Plate Wine Coaster In Raised Relief Foliage After George Fox.
- In the style of similar to after George Fox.
- It has the Sheffield silver plate hallmarks EHP with a woman's head on the back.
- Sheffield maker E.H.Parkin & Co silversmiths.
- Circa early 20th century, 1930's.
- The history of the Fox family of silversmiths.
- Around 1842 the sons Charles & George Fox took over the family silversmith business.
- George entered a joint maker's mark in 1842 with his brother Charles Thomas Fox, from 139 Old Street, where they are listed until 1852 as working silversmiths C.T. & G.
- Fox then moved to 13 Queen Street renamed 13 Bateman Street in 1885 in Soho Where they are listed as working silversmiths.
- Charles Thomas Fox retired on 31st December 1860 leaving George Fox as sole partner in the firm of C.T. & G. Fox.
- The business moved in 1891 to 50 Berwick Street, Soho, where in 1892 they are listed as manufacturing silversmiths, repairs, gilding, plating etc. to the trade.
- Silver plate on copper base metal.
- Magnificent embellished raised relief foliage decorations around the rim & inside.
- This is the most decorative coaster we have ever seen.
- It would make a wonderful present.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having some noticeable scratches, stains & wear marks commensurate with usage & age.
- International shipping worldwide is available via ebay global shipping programme centre.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send us a message.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Checkout our other exciting shop listings available in our shop, if you order 2 or more items we can offer you multi buy discount.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.