Pair French Silver Plate Cherub Champagne Cooler Urn Vases After Paul de Lamerie
- Here Is Your Exclusive Chance to Own Finest Grandeur 1 Pair Magnificent In The French Rococo Style Silver Plate Cherubs Putti Champagne Wine Ice Cooler Urn Vases After Paul de Lamerie.
- In the style of the silversmith similar to After Paul de Lamerie.
- Paul de Lamerie (9 April 1688 – 1 August 1751) was a London-based silversmith.
- The Victoria and Albert Museum describes him as the "greatest silversmith working in England in the 18th century".
- De Lamerie was born in 'Hertogenbosch in the United Provinces now the Netherlands.
- In August 1703, de Lamerie became the apprentice to a London goldsmith of Huguenot origin, Pierre Platel 1659–1739.
- De Lamerie opened his own workshop in 1713 and was appointed goldsmith to George I in 1716.
- He worked in partnership with Ellis Gamble - formerly apprentice to Master William Hogarth - between 1723 and 1728.
- De Lamerie is noted for his elaborate Rococo style of the 1730s, particularly the richly decorated works.
- Museum grand tour highest quality.
- Statement piece.
- Made from silver plate on heavy base metal.
- Having magnificent Putti cherub figurines on the base.
- With acanthus foliage & grape decorations frieze all around in raised low relief.
- Featuring original green rock crystal domed shaped liners, heavy quality.
- Each champagne cooler together with liner weigh over 4kg total combined unwrapped weight under 10kg.
- Ideal statement piece for display in your home or restaurant hotel golf country club, wedding event function business.
- Sheffield silver plate stamp hallmarked underneath for H BROS S.
- Hand made in England very finest silversmith craftsmanship at its best.
- Circa late 20th century 1990's.
- Condition report.
- Offered in overall fine used condition.
- Having some minor noticeable wear, scuffs, scratches, stains in places commensurate with usage & age.
- The liners fit perfectly, with some imperfections to the rock crystal shape commensurate to being handmade.
- Provenance bought from out of an incredible stately home private collection in Staffordshire.
- The elderly gentleman owner advised it was given to him as a retirement present and he has kept it in a his display case and hardly used it.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Worldwide international shipping is available please ask for a shipping price.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.