Royal Wedding Cake Collection
A collection of three rare slices of official royal wedding cake, each from a separate landmark royal marriage:
- Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillips
- Prince Charles and Diana Spencer
- Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson
The provenance is superb. The collection comes from the family of a former member of the Queen’s Bodyguard of the Yeoman of the Guard – the Queen’s official bodyguard. He held the esteemed title of Yeoman Bedgoer when he retired. He was present at Charles and Diana’s wedding and several other royal events.
Charles and Diana’s wedding cake
The slice of fruitcake has cream cheese frosting.
It comes wrapped in its original wax paper inside a 4.25 x 3 x 1 inch white and silver presentation box. The beautiful box bears the heraldic three feathers badge of the Prince of Wales, a Charles and Diana monogram, and the date and location of the wedding reception: 29 July, 1981 - Buckingham Palace.
Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillips’ wedding cake
The slice of fruitcake comes wrapped in its original wax paper, inside a 4 x 2.75 x 1 inch cream and silver presentation box. The box features the royal coronet badge and an Anne and Mark monogram, as well as the date and location of the wedding reception: 14 November, 1973 - Buckingham Palace.
Also in the box is a note that reads: "With the best wishes of Her Royal Highness The Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillips."
Please note, the box is in fair condition only.
Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson’s wedding cake
The slice of fruitcake comes wrapped in its original wax paper, inside a 4.25 x 3 x 1 inch white and silver presentation box. The box bears the image of a crown and an Andrew and Sarah monogram, as well as the date and location of the wedding reception: 23 July, 1986 - Buckingham Palace.
The collection also includes:
- An official order of service for Charles and Diana’s wedding at St Paul’s Cathedral
- An official “ceremonial” of Charles and Diana’s wedding day, detailing the events in minute detail
- An original Princess Anne handwritten thank you letter on Buckingham Palace notepaper, signed by Anne and Mark Phillips. Dated November 13, 1973 (the day before the wedding), Anne thanks “each and everyone of you who have so kindly contributed to our marvellous wedding present” – a Spode Red Stafford dinner service
- An original handwritten and signed letter from Richard Hill, 7th Baron Sandys, who was Captain of the Yeomen from 1979 – 82, to the entirety of Queen’s Bodyguard of the Yeoman of the Guard. In the 30 July, 1981 letter Hill praises “the excellent turnout and bearing of the Bodyguard” during the previous day’s wedding of Charles and Diana
- A photocopy of a handwritten and signed letter from Charles on Buckingham Palace-headed notepaper. Dated July 28th, 1989 (the day before the wedding), Charles thanks “all the members of her majesty’s household” for the wedding present of a table. Charles writes that “Diana and I are touched beyond words”
- A souvenir catalogue from the exhibition of Charles and Diana’s wedding gifts in London
- A letter of authenticity from the family
A scarce opportunity to intimately experience these three historic royal weddings for yourself.
Free global shipping. 28-day returns. Certificate of Authenticity and our Lifetime Moneyback Guarantee of Authenticity included.
SELLER TERMSPut the terms and conditions here...
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.