Whangarei Philatelic Society (stamp club)
The Whangarei Philatelic Society is a stamp collecting organisation based in Whangarei, New Zealand.
About the club
The club’s website describes it as: “A congenial group interested in collecting and trading postage stamps.” It is a member of the New Zealand Philatelic Federation.
Meetings are held at "The Riverbank Centre" Reyburn House Lane, Town Basin, Whangarei. They take place on the 2nd Tuesday each month except December & January. The doors open at 7:30pm and the meeting commences at 8:00pm.
ALL MEETINGS HAVE
- an invited speaker on a suitable philatelic subject
- a session of items-of-interest provided by members
- a one page display on a set subject or letter of the alphabet which is not judged
- a sales table which is available before the meeting and at intervals during the meeting.
- a library is available for all members to use
The club holds two stamp fairs each year usually May and August at St Johns Church Hall, Kamo Rd. Whangarei. Three stamp dealers attend along with a Club Sales table, displays and refreshments.
COMBINED MEETING held in conjunction with the Northern Philatelic Societies
This meeting is held at either Whangarei, KeriKeri or Kaitaia each year – it is KeriKeri’s turn in 2015. It consists of three invited speakers, raffle, auction, sales table and suitable refreshments – usually a very good day out meeting up with a variety of old and new friends.
- Patron, Don Richardson
- President, Vacky Noble
- Vice-President, R John Comrie
- Secretary, Monica Comrie
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.