The Right Career Decision For You
We are hiring: Sales and Marketing Assistant
There’s one thing I’ve learned in life…
The big decisions you make are far more important than anything else you will do.
The rest is basically living with the consequences of those decisions. How good or bad your life may be is all about how good or bad your big decisions were.
Needless to say, career decisions are amongst the biggest you make in life.
The new role we are looking to fill might just be the right career decision for you.
Let’s find out…
Firstly, I have 3 questions for you:
1. Are you truly passionate about the art of marketing and selling products?
2. Do you genuinely care about giving people a top class service?
3. Are you adaptable, enthusiastic, keen to learn new skills and with a good work ethic?
If your answer is yes to all three questions, then please read on…
How important are the following to you in making the right career decision?
1. I want to work for a business which is dynamic and growing fast
2. I would prefer to work in an industry which is resilient to the impact of the current Covid-19 pandemic
3. It is important to me that I can learn new skills and be provided with personal training and coaching to grow my own abilities
4. I want my work to be interesting and varied each day
5. I want to be an important member of a small team rather than a small cog in a big wheel
6. I want a career where my abilities will be nurtured and my personal performance and contribution to the growth of a business will be fairly rewarded
If these are important to you, we should talk.
When you come to work with us, you will be a key and important member of our growing team. I want you to grow with us.
About the Opportunity
We are an online business trading in high quality rare collectibles. We are profitable, have no debt and strong financial backing from our Chairman, a successful entrepreneur highly experienced and regarded in our industry.
We are developing our website this year and have the ambition to become the number 1 online collectibles marketplace in the world, devoted solely to high quality rare and authentic items.
We also have an ambitious sales and marketing plan this year to deliver exceptional growth in new customer recruitment and sales.
Last year, we achieved sales growth of 250%. We have continued to grow this year despite the challenges from the Covid-19 pandemic.
In fact, both our market and our business are seeing benefits despite the economic and social difficulties caused by the pandemic. This is because our clients are spending a larger amount of time online and people with more spare time on their hands are taking up collecting for the first time.
Because our sales are growing fast and we have so many sales and marketing initiatives on the go, we now need an assistant to help us grow even faster.
You will be involved in all sorts of things including making sales calls, writing sales proposals, designing marketing materials, organising networking events an managing our social media accounts.
This is just a small taster of the nature of this wide and varied role.
We understand what we do isn’t mainstream. So, we do expect and intend to give you full training and support to enable you to succeed in your new role.
The most important things to us are that you are a positive minded individual, hard-working and keen to learn.
The important bit
The position is based at our offices in St. Helier, Jersey. Some infrequent travel to other group locations, including our offices in Clifton, Bristol and our secure storage facilities in Guernsey may also be required.
The working hours are 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
We are able to offer a starting salary of £18,000 pa dependent on experience and subject to annual review.
In addition, you will earn sales commission, paid monthly. OTE with commission is £30,000 pa. The commission scheme is uncapped so there’s nothing stopping you from earning more.
You will also be included in the company’s discretionary annual bonus scheme. That makes sure you share in the company’s success. This is at the core of our culture.
The role officially reports directly to our Head of Sales, although we are a small team and in practice we all work together as a close-knit team led by me as CEO.
You won’t find any bureaucracy or office politics in Just Collecting. We don’t have time for non-productive stuff. We are growing something real and exciting here, and we want you to be part of our journey.
A journey we have only just begun.
Time to make your next big decision…
The full job description is provided below for your information. Please don’t become daunted by the large number of elements to the role. We are here to support you and will provide full training as required.
If this opportunity presses your buttons, and you want to be part of an ambitious team in an exciting role, message me on LinkedIn or email me at email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you for interview.
CEO, Just Collecting Limited
PS. Please share this if you think there might be someone who could find this role of interest within your contact list – much appreciated, thanks!
Full Job Description
Sales & Marketing Assistant
Reporting to: Head of Sales
Location: St. Helier, Jersey
Our small but fast growing company needs a reliable and dynamic Sales & Marketing Assistant who is willing to work hard, learn new skills and grow with the Company. The Sales & Marketing Assistant will be responsible for taking on a variety of tasks, under the direct guidance of the Head of Sales and CEO, to support our growing customer base and sales.
The successful applicant will have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills, both oral and written. A natural talent for telephone selling and sales copywriting would be advantageous, although full training will be provided in the role.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Making outgoing calls to new sales leads as instructed by the Head of Sales or CEO, aiming to maximise sales conversions
- Writing compelling sales copy to promote to clients through e-mail and postal mail
- Respond to incoming email, website and phone enquiries
- Listen to and obtain understanding of specific customer requirements and present appropriately to make a sale
- Handle any objections effectively with a view to closing sales
- Maintain and develop relationships with customers in person and via telephone calls and emails, gaining repeat business wherever possible
- Investigating and resolving any queries and complaints from customers
- Assisting in the design and production of online and printed marketing brochures, advertisements and other marketing materials
- Placing of advertisements both offline and online based on agreed marketing plan and budget
- Assisting with company social media strategy including posting articles, videos and collectibles for sale
- Assisting with the production of videos for YouTube channel and social media
- Assisting with google adword and shopping campaigns
- Managing Facebook store and eBay store to attract new clients and generate new sales
- Assisting in research and preparation of client presentations and marketing literature
- Assisting in the development of affiliate trading relationships
- Maintaining and updating client database, e-mail lists and clients’ “wants list”
- Submit ideas for new marketing campaigns designed to enhance the company’s brand, recruit new clients and increase sales
- Responding to client requests in a professional and timely manner
- Building your own client base and providing high level service through understanding your clients’ needs and maintaining regular contact and support
- Assisting with organising and hosting various client or marketing events
- Assisting in the preparation of client valuations
- Scanning and describing new acquisitions of collectibles and upload to our website, affiliate partners and social media platforms
- Updating stock system for new purchases and sales
- Assisting with the organising of stock and uploading onto online platform for auctions
- Assist with the management of movement of collectibles stored in our secure storage facilities to and from our offices
- Assisting with stock control and annual stock count
General support duties
· Managing despatch of collectibles including production of sales invoices, certificates of authenticity and shipment
· Complete weekly sales and marketing report detailing source of leads and conversion rates
· Process outgoing mail
· Maintaining client filing system
· Other assigned duties that are within the area of knowledge and skills required by the job description
- 1-2 years’ experience in a sales or marketing role desirable
- 1+ year’s customer service experience preferable
- Proficient with Microsoft applications – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Basic design and sales copywriting skills an advantage but not a requirement
- Basic starting salary of £18,000 dependent on experience and subject to annual review
- Inclusion in sales commission scheme, paid monthly with OTE of £30,000
- Inclusion in discretionary annual bonus scheme
- 20 days Holiday + Public Holidays + 1 day per year of service up to 25 days
This is an exciting opportunity to become involved in a fast growing business where you can learn a large number of skills quickly and with a remuneration structure aligned to company growth and performance.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.