Dakshina Kannada Philatelic Association, DKPNA (India based stamp collectors)
Dakshina Kannada Philatelic Association (DKPNA) is a stamp collectors and philatelic club based in Mangalore, India.
Club and history
In 1975, the desires of philatelists in Mangalore, Karnataka, India was answered when Shri. NV Shenoi, Director General of Post and Telegraph Department, Govt. of India inaugurated the Mangalore Philatelic Club.
The objective of the Club was to promote philatelic interest and to provide education to young and the old through postage stamps.
1976 to present
In 1976 the Club hosted the 1st ever District Level Exhibition in India’s Mangalapex under the patronage of the then SSP Smt. KNK Karthiayani.
In 1992, with a strength of 66 members, the Club was renamed Dakshina Kannada Philatelic Association with an aim of reaching every nook and corner of the District.
DKPA was again renamed as Dakshina Kannada Philatelic and Numismatic Association (DKPNA) on April 14, 2002. Today we are on the Web with an aim to show India through her stamps and coins.
Key members and achievements
A number of the DKPNA’s members are noted members of India’s philatelic community, and have been awarded in recent times.
Medal winners from DKPANA, awarded at Indipex (the World philatelic Exhibition held at Delhi from 12 to 18 February 2011) included:
- Mr.Gopal Biswas - India - Preindependence Post Marks and Cancellations (1854-1947) – Vermiel
- Mr.Daniel Monteiro - Waterfowls - Silver
- Mr.Ghouse Ali Zameer - Pre-Independence India (British India-French India-Portugese India) – Silver
- Mr.Sudhir Jain - Rotary on Stamps - Bronze
The DKPNA can be contacted via the following:
- Address: P.O.Box 250, MANGALORE - 575 001, INDIA
- Email (1): moc.oohay|9991apakad#moc.oohay|9991apakad
- Email (2): moc.liamg|anapkd#moc.liamg|anapkd
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.