A Blockbuster Investment
Can you spare me 5 minutes of your time, please?
Some movies don’t become dated…
Instead, they prove ever popular across generations.
This is usually because the subject has eternal appeal and there is a deep truth behind the story.
I can’t promise you a blockbuster today, but what I would like to share is well worth 5 minutes of your time.
It’s a short video on investing in rare stamps Paul Fraser Collectibles published on YouTube 8 years ago.
I think it presents a nice summary of the benefits of rare stamp investment.
It is easy to see why so much smart money has found its way into the rare stamp market in the past 20 years or so:
So… what has changed since then?
Much of what is said in this video in 2011 rings just as true today.
However, there have been some developments in the past 8 years…
Most of the record realisations referred to have since been surpassed by quite a margin.
The record price realisation for a single stamp in 2011 was held by the Treskilling Yellow at $2.3m.
This record was convincingly beaten in 2014 when the British Guiana 1c Magenta realised $9.5m at Sotheby's in New York.
The record price for a Chinese stamp in 2011 of $710k was beaten last year with the sale of The Whole Country is Red stamp for $2m at auction in Beijing.
Also, in 2011 there were a reported 30 million stamp collectors in the world…
The number reported today is 60 million. Double the number of collectors in just eight years.
So where are all those new stamp collectors coming from and what should we expect for the future?
- Baby boomers now own 80% of the world’s wealth: As they enter retirement, baby boomers will return to hobbies of their youth and invest some of their disposable wealth on those hobbies - such as rare stamps.
- By 2030 some 2 billion extra people will be in the middle-class bracket, Goldman Sachs predicts: This demographic produces the majority of investment-grade stamp collectors.
- China, the world’s booming second-largest economy is a nation of stamp collectors: There are an estimated 20 million stamp enthusiasts in China. This figure will rise sharply as both its population and prosperity continue to grow.
- The growing economies of Brazil, Russia and India will also boost demand: India already has over 2 million stamp collectors. Its rapidly expanding middle-class can only increase this figure.
- Stamp collecting is an increasingly “aspirational” investment: High aspirations lead collectors to fight over the best pieces in competition to build the best collections in the world.
- The 2020 London International Stamp Exhibition should create heightened interest in British rare stamps: In May next year thousands of collectors from all over the world will flock to London to celebrate stamps and enter into competition to win Gold Medal awards for the best collection in the world.
How we would like to help you
If you want to get in on this action and are interested in investing in rare stamps, we can help like no other adviser can.
We give you the ability to invest in rare stamps to diversify your investments without the need to know anything about stamps. We have you covered at every angle. Our experts collectively have over 100 years of experience in the stamp market. Their passion is your profit.
We provide a comprehensive and seamless service, including secure storage, insurance, valuations and active management. We are equally able to assist you when you are buying as when you are selling in the future on exit.
Our job is to make your investment journey in the world of stamps both painless and profitable. We also hope you will enjoy the journey and develop an interest in your collection. Stamps are little pieces of history you can hold in your hands, and miniature works of art.
To give you a flavour of the quality of the portfolios we assemble for our clients take a look at a sample $5,000 portfolio by following the link below:
What you need to do now
We want to be of assistance to you, but we can only do that if you give us the chance to get to know you.
We would like to offer you a FREE, no obligation consultation with one of our expert investment advisers.
To organise a call, please complete this quick and easy form.
Once you submit your form, we will be in touch to schedule a call with you.
If you don’t like filling in online forms, simply get in touch with us either by:
Phone: +44(0) 1534 639998
Our primary aim is to ensure we are a good fit for you and your investment goals. If for any reason stamp investing is not for you, that’s fine.
You will appreciate that rare stamps are inherently a scarce asset becoming ever scarcer, meaning demand often exceeds supply. We only have a limited supply of investment grade stamps available and we NEVER compromise on our quality controls.
Because of this, we have no need to employ pushy sales tactics and would genuinely rather not do business with anyone who has any doubts in their mind.
At this time, we only have the following portfolios available which meet our strict criteria for investment grade qualities:
- 5 x $5,000
- 3 x $15,000
- 2 x $25,000
- 1 x $100,000
These portfolios include the stamps which pass all our stringent investment tests to ensure returns.
Based on past experience, the door will close quickly on this opportunity so I would encourage you to speak to us as soon as possible to secure the portfolio you need based on your investment size.
We look forward to speaking to you soon.
CEO Just Collecting
PS. Remember, we only have 11 portfolios available just now of exceptional quality rare stamps. Act now to avoid missing out.
PPS. All our stamps have been authenticated and graded by our team of experts utilising their 100 years of combined experience. You don't need to worry about the pitfalls of buying fakes or poorer quality examples when you buy through Just Collecting. We also offer a lifetime moneyback guarantee of authenticity so you buy from us with complete peace of mind.
Enjoyed this article? Try these:
May 17, 2019: The Weird and Wonderful World of Stamps
May 10, 2019: Don't overlook the most obvious investment in stamps
April 26, 2019: 10 Secrets to Successful Stamp Investing
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.