Spacefest (National space collectors show)
Spacefest is an annual event in the United States for space collectors and enthusiasts.
It features guest speakers such as astronauts and moon walkers, international astronomers and scientists, an exhibition hall for dealers, an art show and a space memorabilia auction, amongst a number of social events.
The event is organized by Novaspace, a company which specialises in space art and astronaut memorabilia.
The third annual Spacefest show takes place on June 2 -5 in Tucson , Arizona at the Starr Pass resort.
The 2011 event will feature a gathering of pioneer astronauts including six of the men who walked on the Moon. Guests set to appear include:
- Gene Cernan (Gemini 9A, Apollo 10, Apollo 17, 12th Moonwalker, last man on the moon, 1972)
- Dave Scott (Gemini 8, Apollo 9, Apollo 15, 7th moonwalker, 1971)
- Alan Bean (Apollo 12, Skylab 3 (SLM-2), 4th moonwalker, 1969)
- Buzz Aldrin (Gemini 12, Apollo 11, first lunar landing, 1969)
- Charlie Duke (Apollo 16, 10th moonwalker, 1972)
- Jim Lovell (Gemini 7, Gemini 12, Apollo 8, Apollo 13, First to the moon, 1968)
- Edgar Mitchell (Apollo 14, 6th moonwalker, 1971)
- Gen. Tom Stafford (Gemini 6A, Gemini 9A, Apollo 10, Apollo-Soyuz)
- Fred Haise (Apollo 13)
- Al Worden (Apollo 15, Chairman, Astronaut Scholarship Foundation)
- Richard Gordon (Gemini 11, Apollo 12)
- Paul Weitz (Skylab 2 (SLM-1), STS-6)
- Rusty Schweickart (Apollo 9, First Lunar Module Pilot)
- Walt Cunningham (Apollo 7, First manned Apollo flight)
- Jack Lousma (Skylab 3 (SLM-2), STS-3)
- Ed Gibson (Skylab 4 (SLM-3))
- Bruce Mccandless (1st to fly in space un-tethered, 1984)
- Also, Apollo EECOM Flight Controller, Sy Liebergot
The astronauts will be joined by special guests from the worlds of art and science fiction in the dedicated autograph area of the show, where attendees are able to have their memorabilia signed and purchase photographs, books and artwork.
The event will feature a program of guest speakers and discussion panels across three rooms.
Speakers will include writers, astronomers and scientists from some of the world’s top research facilities and projects including NASA Mission Control, Kennedy Space Center, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory and Kitt Peak National Observatory.
The exhibition hall will feature stands from a number of dealers and organizations across the United States. These include:
- Metamorphosis Jewelry
- Historical Display
- Regency Superior
- Right Stuff Goldberg Auctions
- Spacecraft Films
- Universal Autograph Collectors Club
- Stellar Vision Astronomy Shop
- Coconut Rose Books
- Heritage Auction Galleries
- Winco International
- Kitt Peak National Observatory
- The Space Store
- Tucson L5 Space Society
- Jeff Roth Productions
- Fund for Civility
- Magic Mtn. Gems
- Quest Magazine
- Astronomy To Go
- Retro Space Images
- Springer Books
Spacefest III will include an art show featuring some of the world’s most notable space artists including Alan Bean, John Kaufman, Kim Poor, Pamela Lee, Michael Carroll, Peter Thorpe and Don Davis.
The event will also host the Heritage Spring Space Memorabilia Auction, which is set to include items such as:
- A heat-sheared bolt from Yuri Gagarin's Vostok Spacecraft
- A tag from the fourth arm of the Sputnik 1 satellite
- A copy of the first photograph taken of earth from deep space signed by all 29 Apollo astronauts
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.