International Banknote Society
The International Banknote Society is an international organization for banknote and paper money collectors.
About the society
The society was established in 1961 by a number of collectors including Colin Narbeth, who felt that banknotes had been overlooked by the world of numismatics and were worthy of their own dedicated organization.
The first issue of the society’s IBNS Journal was published that year, and today the society has grown to an international membership of more than 1,800 members in 100 different countries, with 24 regional chapters.
These chapters host regular meetings and events, and members are encouraged to correspond with others around the world to help build a community of collectors. Members receive a member directory, which provides contact details and information allowing members to trade and sell banknotes, and the IBNS offers support for any members who encounter problems with member dealers.
Main article: List of International Banknote Society chapters
The society publishes a renowned quarterly journal, the IBNS Journal, which features articles, research, information on new issues, meeting reports and news of forthcoming events around the world.
It also conducts an annual postal auction, featuring thousands of related lots.
- President - Thomas Augustsson (Sweden)
- First Vice President - Mahdi Bseiso (USA)
- Immediate Past President - Peter Symes (Australia)
- General Secretary - Roger Urce (USA)
- Membership Secretary for Europe, Africa & the Middle East - David Hunt (UK)
- Membership Secretary for Australasia and Asia Pacific - Peter Symes (Australia)
- Membership Secretary for the Western Hemisphere - Roger Urce (USA)
- Treasurer - Joseph P Boling (USA)
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.