I.M. Chait Gallery and Auctioneers
The I.M. Chait Gallery is an auction house based in Beverly Hills, California.
The company is a family owned and operated auction house run by founder and Asian Art expert Isadore M. Chait who has over 40 years of experience.
Isadore Chait began selling Chinese antiques from his living room in 1967, and opened his first gallery of Asian Art in 1969. Today he is a licensed auctioneer in the State of California, and regularly holds the only monthly auction in Southern California devoted to Asian Art.
According to Architectural Digest "Isadore Chait, specialist in Oriental sculpture and expert in gemology, has developed a worldwide reputation among museums and collectors, and is frequently consulted by both groups for authentication, market value and appraisals."
He is a recommended appraiser for many museums and universities, including the J. Paul Getty Museum, the Norton Simon Museum, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the University of California at Los Angeles, and the Claremont University Center.
Auctions & Services
They also offer a full appraisals service for the purposes of insurance, probate and family division, and accepts consignments from single items to entire collections.
None currently listed
- In 2005 the company sold an extremely rare saber-toothed tiger skull from the La Brea Formation for a price of $282,000.00.
- In May 2006 a rare “pregnant” Icthyosaur fossil was sold for $120,000.
- During the same sale a Protoceratops skull from Central Asia from the Late Cretaceous Era sold for $144,000.
News & Events
Upcoming Auction dates
- Jan 27 2013 - Asian & International Fine Arts Auction
- Feb 17 2013 - ASIAN ART, ANTIQUES & ESTATES AUCTION
- Mar 24 2013 - IMPORTANT NATURAL HISTORY AUCTION