Herbert Zach's Homepage
Herbert Zach's Homepage is a website by a collector from Austria showing a collection of cigarette packs. It includes pictures and links to other collectors and companies.
Herbert Zach’s cigarette pack collection
Herbert Zach is46 years old and based in St. Pölten, the capital city of Lower-Austria. In 1988, Herbert went with his wife to Strasbourg (France) when invited to make a short holiday there.
Being a smoker, Zach bought packs of cigarettes there. According to him: “There were such nice and beautiful packs (like "Gauloises Blue Way") so I didn't want to through the empty packs into a litter - I took them home and this was the begin of my collection.”
Since then, Zach has bought many packs during his holidays and his colleagues help him to collect empty packs too.
He writes: “With their help and with a lot of contacts on internet I was able to let my collection grow the last few years and I hope that it will grow in the future too.
“And - the most important thing for me is that I was able to quit smoking more than 15 years ago … although I LOVE to collect these nice packs of cigarettes!”
Visitors to Zach’s website can search online images of his collection via A-Z, including a special section for Chinese packs. Other countries featured in the collection include:
Zach’s collection: ‘dos and don’ts’
Packs collected by Zach include:
- different sizes (5's, 10's, 20's, 25's)
- different material (Softpacks, Hardpacks, Tins)
- different types of each brand (Filter, Lights, Suave, Menthol)
- different Special packs (Collector's Pack, Advertisings)
- different design on the front-side (script, logo, colours, design)
He’ doesn’t collect:
- different health-warnings on the pack
- other tobacco products
- same brand with same brand design but made in different countries
- minimal differences like different bar-code, different backsides, different scripts on the side, different tax stamps
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.