Hansons Auctioneers & Valuers
About the company
Hansons Auctioneers and Valuers are based in Derbyshire, Middle England with valuation centres in Staffordshire, Leicestershire, Birmingham, Stoke-on-Trent and Warwick with regional representatives throughout the UK. Hansons is managed by Charles Hanson who, in August 2005, established Hansons Auctioneers.
Charles Hanson MRICS began his career at Christies, London in the European Ceramics and Glass Department in 1999. Subsequent employment with fine art auction houses in Cheshire, Nottinghamshire and Staffordshire as a general valuer provided valuable experience.
Hansons hold their auctions at their modern, purpose built showroom on Heage Lane, Etwall, Derbyshire. This impressive building comprises a large auction show room, catering on show and viewing days and has seating for 150 people and parking for up to 200 cars.
Throughout the year it is the venue for international auction sales of antique silver, jewellery, ceramics, glass, pictures, clocks and furniture, specialist collector's items, book, stamp and coin auctions plus the monthly antique and collectors attic auctions featuring Antiques and Decorative items from local estates.
Hansons successfully serves both vendors and buyers with particular attention given to personal service.
Services & specialities
Hansons conduct specialist auctions in the following categories:
- Arms, Armour, Militaria and Coins
- Books and Printed Material
- Ceramics and Glass
- Clocks, Watches and Barometers
- Collectors Department
- Stamps and Postal History
- Decorative Arts and Modern Design
- Textiles, Dolls and Teddy Bears
The company conducts regular monthly Antiques & Collectors sales, along with semi-regular Fine Art and specialist sales.
In addition to auctions, Hansons offers a comprehensive valuation service for the purposes of probate, insurance, family division and 'Willing Buyer- Willing Seller'.
- January 24-26, 2013 - Antique & Collectors sale
- February 21-23, 2013 - Antique & Collectors sale
- May 4, 2013 - Trelawny - Noble Contents from a Historic Cornish Home
- June 20, 2013 - Antique & Collectors sale
- July 25-27, 2013 - Antique & Collectors sale
- August 22-24, 2013 - Antique & Collectors sale
- September 19-21, 2013 - Antique & Collectors sale
News and events
Forthcoming auction dates:
Antiques & Collector sales
- 28th-30th November
Fine Art sales
- 6th December
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.