Grogan & Company (Fine Art Auctioneers and Appraisers)
Grogan & Company (Fine Art Auctioneers and Appraisers) are a U.S auction house based in Dedham, Massachusetts.
Background and history
The company was founded in 1987 by Michael B. Grogan, a former Sotheby’s Vice president who spent ten years with the company in roles such as Head of the Oriental Carpets Department, Director of Sotheby's Arcade Auctions and President of Sotheby's Appraisal Company.
The company conducts four major auctions each year, which attract buyers and collectors from around the world. Each sale features approximately 750 lots ranging from Fine and Decorative Arts, Furniture and Silver to Jewelry and Oriental Rugs.
Services and expertise
The company offers free verbal appraisals at their offices each Thursday from 10 A.M – 4 P.M, and can offer valuations online using photographs.
The company also provides formal written appraisals for Estate tax and Estate planning, Family division or Insurance purposes.
Grogan & Company also offer a comprehensive range of Estate services, including:
- Fair Market Value Appraisals for Estate Tax Purposes
- Free Consultations for Estate Executors or Family Members
- Auction Liquidation of Tangible Property
- Entire Estate Purchase Options available
- Broom Clean Service
- January 20, 2013 - Fine Oriental Rug auction
- April 25, 2013 - The Elli Buk Collection Day 1
- April 26, 2013 - The Elli Buk Collection Day 2
- April 27, 2013 - The Elli Buk Collection Day 3
- June 16, 2013 - The Twenty-Fifth Anniversary Auction
Since their foundation in 1987 Grogan & Company have achieved numerous notable sales results, including:
- A 29.8 Carat Fancy Yellow Belle Epoque Diamond Brooch - sold for $440,000 in 1990
- Les Princesses by Marie Laurencin – sold for $495,000 in 1992
- The Garden at Valencia Beach by Joaquin Sorolla y Bastida – sold for $343,500 in 1997
- Afternoon Tea by Mary Cassatt Aquatint – sold for $101,500 in 1998
- A Rare Simon Willard Grafton Wall Clock – sold for $126,500 in 2003
- An 18th century Green Jade Gilt Decorated Musical Chime – sold for $149,500 in 2003
- Oil on canvas painting by James Buttersworth – sold for $264,500 in 2006
- A Yellow Ground Caucasian Prayer Rug – sold for $80,500 in 2007
- A 16th century Flemish Feuilles de Choux Tapestry – sold for $92,000 in 2008
- A blue and whiteQianlong Kundika water vessel – sold for $189,750 in 2009
- Oil on canvas painting by Charles Delort – sold for $51,750 in 2010
Biggest sales of 2011
See main article: Grogan & Company Biggest Sales of 2011
News & Events
Upcoming Auction dates
- Sunday, January 20, 2013 - FINE ORIENTAL RUGS & CARPETS
- April 2013 - THE ELLI BUK MUSEUM COLLECTION The History of Technology and Invention
- May 4th and 5th, 2013 - 25th Anniversary Auction, 1987-2013
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.