Golden State Warriors Collectibles And Memorabilia
Golden State Warriors Collectibles And Memorabilia are items relating to the professional American basketball team based in Oakland, California.
The Golden State Warriors originally formed in 1946 as the Philadelphia Warriors and were based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. They went on to win a championship under the Basketball Association of America (now the National Basketball Association), but relocated to San Francisco, California in 1962 as the San Francisco Warriors. The team went on to change their name to the Golden State Warriors in 1971.
The Warriors won one BAA Championship in 1947, two NBA Championships in 1956 and 1975, six Conference titles in 1947, 1948, 1956, 1964, 1967 and 1975, and two Division titles in 1975 and 1976.
The team colors are royal blue, yellow and white.
Some of the most notable and famous athletes who once played for the team include Nate Thurmond (1963 to 1974), Paul Arizin (1950 to 1962), Purvis Short (1978 to 1987), Rick Barry (1966 to 1967 and 1972 to 1978), Wilt Chamberlain (1959 to 1964), Joe Fulks (1946 to 1954), Tom Gola (1955 to 1962), Neil Johnston (1951 to 1959), Jerry Lucas (1969 to 1971), Chris Mullin (1985 to 1997 and 2000 to 2001), Robert Parish (1976 to 1980) and Andy Phillip (1950 to 1953).
Types of Golden State Warriors Collectibles And Memorabilia
Grey Flannel Auctions in Westhampton, New York sold:
- Nate Thurmond's used 1967-1968 Golden State Warrior's jersey for $35,000 in September of 2009
- Rick Barry's used 1960s Warriors jersey for $17,000 in September of 2006
- Purvis Short's early 1980s used Golden State Warriors road jersey for $800 in September of 2007
- Chris Mullin's used 1990-1991 Golden State Warriors jersey for $1,100 in September of 2006
- Chris Mullin's used 1992-1993 Golden State Warriors jersey for $1,100 in September of 2009
- Three used Golden State Warriors jerseys for $850 in September of 2007
- Chris Mullin's 1986-1987 used Golden State Warriors jersey for $500 in September of 2008
- Jim Barnett's used 1972-1973 Golden State Warriors jersey for $500 in September of 2008
- Rick Barry's used 1974-1975 Golden State Warriors jersey for $2,500 in September of 2008
Grey Flannel Auctions, Inc. in Westhampton, New York sold:
- Jim Barnett's used Golden State Warriors road warm-up jacket for $900 in September of 2007
- Jerry Lucas' used 1969-1970 San Francisco Warriors warm-up jacket for $5,500 in September of 2007
Sotheby's in New York sold Nate Thurmond's 1960s San Francisco Warriors warm-up jacket for $9,000 in June of 2007.
Guide for collectors
Memorabilia that was once owned, signed or used by Nate Thurmond (who played for the team from 1963 to 1974), Rick Barry (who played for the team from (1966 to 1967 and 1972 to 1978), Purvis Short (who played for the team from 1978 to 1987), and Chris Mullin (who played for the team from 1985 to 1997 and 2000 to 2001) are considered to be the most valuable among collectors.
Memorabilia that contains the Warriors' former team names (such as the Philadelphia Warriors or the San Francisco Warriors) is considered to be both rare and valuable.
Restoration of a Warriors jersey is not recommended.
For more information regarding where to find Golden State Warriors memorabilia, visit www.nba.com/warriors or www.warriors.com.