Biddle and Webb (Auctioneers and Valuers)
Biddle and Webb is a U.K auctioneer and valuer based in Birmingham, specializing in a wide variety of antiques and fine art.
The firm conducts between 9 and 12 auctions every month involving antiques, furniture, fine art, pictures, silver, jewellery, toys, ephemera, militaria, medals, watches, collectable and general clearance items.
The company also has a commercial division, servicing clients throughout Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, and the West Midlands. They offer a comprehensive commercial auction and appraisal service, and hold two auctions every month involving commercial, trade, and retail lots.
They have been auctioneers in Birmingham and the West Midlands for over 50 years, and their experts are regular contributors to regional and national TV, radio and press.
The company offers a range of valuation services for buyers, sellers and commercial clients. A free valuation service is available at their offices every Thursday, where their team of experts offer advice and no-obligation appraisals.
For commercial clients, insolvency valuations and other appraisals can be done at clients' premises throughout the Midlands within 48 hours.
Biddle & Webb also covers everything from conducting valuations for probate purposes to property clearance, and the sale and disposal of contents.
- An unsigned oil on canvas, 17th/18th Century Continental School , Old Master style study of a figure holding a sword in a period carved wooden frame, sold for £14,000
- A painting depicting a study of Yates's Wine Lodge, commissioned by Fred Yates to celebrate the pub's 100th Anniversary, sold for £5000
- A Marcel Dyf signed oil on canvas, depicting an impressionist country cottage scene with woman tending garden, sold for £2,800
- A Georgian oak kitchen dresser, fitted with six drawers and two central doors, sold for £1500
- A Brown Bess Longland pattern flintlock musket, sold for £1,800
- A Charles II Gold Unite 1st Issue 1666 coin, assessed Very Fine, sold for £9750
Books and manuscripts
- A signed, leather bound collectors edition of 'The Tales of the Beedle Bard' by J.K.Rowling, sold for £3600