Janet Zapata is an American decorative arts historian, and the author of several books on the subject.
Janet Zapata served as an archivist for Tiffany & Co, and has worked as a consultant to Christie’s auction house, the Newark Museum and the Louis C. Tiffany Museum in Nagoya, Japan.
She has also lectured in the graduate program at the Cooper-Hewitt Museum in New York City, and contributed a large number of articles for various publications on the subjects of American jewellery and silver.
Zapata is the author of several books on 19th and 20th century jewellery design.
Amongst the books written or co-written by Janet Zapata are the following titles:
- The Art of Zadora : A Contemporary Faberge
- Gems from the East and West: Doris Duke Jewelry Collection
- The Glitter and the Gold : Fashioning America's Jewelry
- Jeweled Garden: A Colorful History of Gems, Jewels, and Nature
- The Jeweled Menagerie : The World of Animals in Gems
- Jewelry and Enamels of Louis Comfort Tiffany
- Seaman Schepps: A Century of New York Jewelry Design
- Will H. Bradley : American Artist in Print: A Collector's Guide