Vintage Patio Furniture
Vintage Patio Furniture is original 20th century furniture designed primarily for outdoor use.
Brief history and description
Patio furniture items that were manufactured during the mid-20th century are considered to be highly collectible today.
The Woodard Furniture Company was one of the most popular and well-known manufacturers of patio furniture items during the mid-20th century, and became pioneers in manufacturing wrought-iron outdoor furniture.
Not just limited to tables and chairs, vintage patio furniture sets can also include gliders or reclining chaises as well.
Guide for collectors
Regency-style patio furniture items as well as patio furniture that comes with a complete set (consisting of tables and chairs) are considered to be both rare and valuable. While vintage wrought-iron furniture is the most common, vintage patio sets with glass tabletops are considered to be the most rare and collectible.
Restoration of a vintage patio furniture item is recommended, but only if there is noticeable damage. However, restoring a vintage patio furniture item may decrease its value.
For more information regarding vintage patio furniture items, visit Vintage Glider or Woodard's official website.
Kamelot Auctions in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania sold:
- A Regency-style vintage patio set consisting of four chairs with lyre backs and decorated with swan hands, as well as a matching table (circa 1940) for $1,700 in April of 2010.
- Four vintage wrought iron patio chairs with a lyre decorated back (circa 1940) for $850 in April of 2010.
- A nine-piece wrought iron vintage patio set consisting of a three-piece banquet table and six side chairs (circa 1950), all of which are decorated with various floral and scroll designs for $1,200 in April of 2009.
- A vintage wrought iron patio set and couch lounge consisting of a couch, lounge chair, reclining chaise lounge, and a set of four dining chairs (circa 1960) for $300 in April of 2009.
- A vintage Woodard garden patio furniture set consisting of a glider, a chaise, a table, seven end tables and four chairs (circa 1940) for $200 in April of 2010.
Austin Auction Gallery in Austin, Texas sold a wrought iron Salterini-style patio furniture set consisting of two large armchairs (with loose cushions) and one table for $100 in December of 2009.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.