Victorian Style Oil Painting Stag Deer Portrait After Sir Edwin Henry Landseer
- 1 In The Victorian Style Fine Art Oil On Canvas Painting Stag Deer Animal Portrait In Scottish Landscape After Sir Edwin Henry Landseer.
- Oil on canvas painting in the style of similar to after Sir Edwin Henry Landseer.
- No signature unsigned by an unknown master artist.
- Subject depicting a Stag male deer in Scottish mountainous pastoral landscape.
- Delightful masterpiece so pleasing to the eye.
- A superb collectors item.
- Sir Edwin Henry Landseer RA 7 March 1802 – 1 October 1873 was an English painter and sculptor.
- Well known for his paintings of animals particularly horses, dogs, and stags.
- However, his best known works are the lion sculptures in Trafalgar Square Landseer was born in London, the son of the engraver John Landseer A.R.A.
- He was
- He studied under several artists, including his father, and the history painter Benjamin Robert Haydon, who encouraged the young Landseer to perform dissections in order to fully understand animal musculature and skeletal structure.
- Landseer's life was entwined with the Royal Academy.
- We only sell painting based on quality & significance.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having some noticeable wear, scuffs and some minor chips to the frame with some staining and streaks to the canvas front surface in places with foxing on the back commensurate with usage & age.
- Some foxing staining to the back of the canvas in places.
- Set in a beautiful gilt frame.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for home display.
- Circa late 20th century 1970's.
- International worldwide shipping is available via ebay global shipping programme please ask.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.