Victorian Old Pastoral Oil Painting Matterhorn Aosta Valley After François Diday
- 1 Antique Victorian 19th Century Original Fine Art Oil On Canvas Painting Matterhorn Mountain Shepherd With Flock.
- In the style of after Francois Diday.
- Oil on canvas painting.
- Subject depicting a shepherd with his flock in the Aosta valley landscape.
- Very pleasing to the eye & relaxing.
- Set in a gilt frame.
- Unknown unsigned old master artist.
- Beautifully controlled brush work.
- The Matterhorn is a mountain of the Alps, straddling the main watershed and border between Switzerland and Italy.
- It is a large, near-symmetrical pyramidal peak in the extended Monte Rosa area of the Pennine Alps.
- Whose summit is 4,478 metres high, making it one of the highest summits in the Alps and Europe.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine old used condition.
- Having various noticeable patch repairs to the canvas as shown, various craquelure cracking to canvas, scuffs, scratches, and stains also to the frame commensurate with usage & old age.
- A superb art collectors item.
- We only buy and sell paintings based on quality & significance.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for home display.
- Circa late 19th century.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.