Top 10: Andy Warhol paintings
1) Silver Car Crash (Double Disaster) (1963) - $105.4mWarhol's large-scale 1963 work, part of his famous 'Death and Disaster' series, sold at Sotheby's in New York in November 2013 for a record price of $105,445,000 - the second-highest price ever paid for a contemporary painting at auction.
2) Eight Elvises (1963) - $100m
In October 2008, Warhol's Eight Elvises painting was sold in a private sale via French art consultant Philippe Ségalot for a price of $100 million, a record for Warhol’s work.
3) Turquoise Marilyn (1964) - $80m
In May 2007 the painting, one of Warhol’s several portraits of Marilyn Monroe, was purchased by art collector Stephen A. Cohen in a private sale via Larry Gagosian for a price believed to be $80 million.
4) Green car Crash (Burning Green Car 1) (1963) - $71.7m
Also in May 2007, this painting was sold at a Christie’s auction in New York for a then-record auction price of $71.7 million to art collector Philip Niarchos, son of the Greek shipping magnate Stavros Niarchos.
5) Men In Her Life (1962) - $63.4m
In 2010 the black and white portrait of Elizabeth Taylor, pictured with both her third husband Mike Todd and future husband Eddie Fisher, sold to an anonymous buyer at a New York Phillips de Pury & Co auction for $63.4 million.
6) Coca-Cola (3) (1962) - $57.2m
Warhol's large, hand-painted 'Coca-Cola (3)' sold for $57,285,000 at Christie's in New York in November 2013. The sale was the biggest in the history of the art market, achieving a total $691,583,000.
7) 200 One Dollar Bills (1962) - $43.8m
In November 2009 the painting was sold at a Sotheby’s auction to an anonymous buyer for $43.8 million. It was sold by London-based art collector Pauline Karpidas, who had purchased the work in 1986 for a mere $385,000.
**8) Statue of Liberty (1962) - $43.7m
In November 2012 the large silkscreen work depicting the iconic American monument sold at Christie's in New York for $43,762,500.
9) Coca Cola 4 – $35.36m
The painting sold in November 2010 at a Sotheby’s auction in New York for a price of $35.36 million.. The work was purchased by hedge fund manager, Steve Cohen.
10) Self Portrait (1986) – $32.5m
In May 2010 the large self-portrait by Warhol, painted in 1986 just a year before his death, was sold in a Sotheby’s sale in New York for $32.56 million.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.