Old Art Work Victorian Oil Painting Peaceful Coastal Marine Landscape Listed
- 1 Fine 19th century Victorian Oil Painting Peaceful Coastal Marine Landscape Signed Listed Artist Henry Hiles.
- Subject British marine coastal landscape scene.
- Henry Edward Hiles 1857-1948 is a British painter who painted during the late 19th and early 20th century he died in 1948.
- English listed artist.
- Wirral, Cheshire born painter of landscapes.
- Who studied at the Académie de la Grande Chaumière, Paris and under Emmanuel Phillips Fox, the Australian painter who was also in Paris at that time.
- Oil on canvas.
- Provenance bought from a private seller.
- A well accomplished art work having very fine brushstroke control which really brings the scene to life.
- Set in the original gilt gesso frame.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Circa late 19th century 1890's.
- We only sell paintings base upon quality & significance.
- Checkout our other ebay shop listings as if you order 2 or more items we can offer you multi buy discount.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used old worn condition.
- Having various foxing staining, craquelure and some loss of paint in places to the painting canvas surface.
- With various scuffs, scratches, wear & loss of gilt to the frame in places commensurate with usage & old age.
- International worldwide shipping is available via the ebay global shipping programme centre.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.