Fine Oil Painting Famous Historic Red Rum Race Horse Portrait After Brian Tovey
- 1 Original Oil Painting Famous Red Rum Thoroughbred Race Horse Portrait Gilt Framed.
- Subject fine portrait of the historic Red Rum horse.
- Red Rum bay gelding was born 3 May 1965 and died 18 October 1995.
- He was an historic world famous champion Thoroughbred steeplechaser.
- He achieved an unmatched historic treble when he won the Grand National in 1973, 1974 and 1977.
- The Grand National is a notoriously difficult race that has been described as "the ultimate test of a horse’s courage".
- He was also renowned for his jumping ability, having not fallen in 100 races.
- Indistinctly signed.
- In the style of after Brian Tovey.
- Oil on board.
- Provenance bought from a private seller.
- This is a fine painting from a talented British school artist.
- Superb brushstroke control which brings the horse to life.
- Set in a decorative gilt plaster wood frame.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Highly desirable for a horse lover, collector, jockey or stable trainer.
- Circa late 20th century dated 1975.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having various foxing staining to the board in places commensurate with age.
- Some repairs have been made to the frame, with a very small piece of wood frame trim missing from the inner frame, also 2 small pin prick holes to the board, noticeable cracking in places to the frame shown.
- International worldwide shipping is available via the ebay global shipping programme centre.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
SELLER TERMSFree UK Mainland Delivery Only. International Buyers Please Ask For A Shipping Price. Returns Accepted Within 14 Days Of Buyer Receiving The Item(s). Return Postage/Shipping Costs Are To Be Paid By The Buyer.The Item(s) Must Be Returned Back To Us In Its Original As Sold Described Condition Before Any Refund Can Be Made To The Buyer. Deposit Payments Are Non Refundable.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.