19th Century Old Original Oil Painting Still Life Of Flowers Signed John Wilson
- 1 Original Fine Art Oil Painting Still Life Of Flowers Signed By Famous Scottish Listed Artist John Wilson for Restoration.
- We are delighted to bring to the market,this beautifully painted still life study of flowers by sought after listed artist John Wilson who was born in Ayr, Scotland in 1774 and died in 1855.
- He was a landscape and marine painter, in 1807-1809 he exhibited at the Royal Academy.
- The artist was a fellow of the Royal Scottish Academy and also a member of the Royal Watercolour Society.
- A very competent painted study on wooden board, depicting a selection of chrysanthemums and roses in a round vase.
- Beautifully painted in a soft pallet of colours and with realism and character,defining the work with an accurate visual appearance and generous layers of paint.
- Circa early 19th century and is presented in the original decoratively carved swept Rococo decorations frame.
- Provenance bought from a private seller in London.
- A great investment piece once fully restored.
- Having hanging hooks on the back,you will need to add string to display it.
- Condition report offered in old well used condition, in need of complete restoration.
- The painting surface needs professional cleaning.
- Some paint surface loss in places.
- No tears to the canvas board.
- It has various foxing,dirt, stains, dust on it.
- Also on the back there is water damage where it must of got damp in the past. The frame needs complete restoration, replacing as its coming away from the canvas painting.
- A fine gift for an art gallery restorer.
- International worldwide shipping is available through ebays global shipping programme.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.