10 stunning depictions of Autumn in art
Autumn’s melancholy charms have been inspiring artists from time immemorial.
As we start bundling up in coats and getting really into hot chocolate again, let’s take a look at some of the most spectacular ways the season has been represented in art.
10. Villagers in Autumn (1963) – Lu Shoukun
9. Cherry Autumn (1983) – Bridget Riley
8. Dissolution of Autumn (1918) – Giacomo Balla
7. Vertumnus and Pomona (circa 1665) - Jan Pauwel Gillemans the Younger
6. Black & Tan Leaves (1928) – Georgia O’Keeffe
5. Dame Autumn Hath a Mournful Face (1871) – John Atkinson Grimshaw
4. Autumn Scene at Shiobara (1922) – Kawase Hasui
3. Homage to the Square: Autumn Climax (1963) – Josef Albers
2. Meule (1891) – Claude Monet
1. Birch Forest (1903) – Gustav Klimt
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.