1 Waterloo Gilded Napoleonic Imperial Eagle Model Sculpture Wooden Plinth 42EME
- 1 Limited Edition Waterloo Gilded Imperial Eagle Model Sculpture On Wooden Plinth 42EME IMPERIAL EAGLE 1815.
- We are exciting to bring to the market this exclusive item available for sale. Made from resin hand carved details gilded and antiqued with 23.5c gold leaf.
- The base is made from hardwood with facing brass plaque, on the rear the H & H Royal Warrant emblem.
- This has the unique number 62 out of 100 & the craftsman's ID monogrammed BR is also on the back.
- This Imperial eagle is one of the most iconic objects of the Napoleonic period.
- Henceforth, however, the vital symbol, which became the rallying point and focus of the regiment’s honour, would not be the flag itself but the gilded spread eagle, the Aigle Eployée, that sat atop the pole.
- In 1804, the new Napoleonic Empire introduced a standardised flag for the French army. At Waterloo the 45eme formed part of Marshal Jean-Baptiste d’Erlon’s I Corps in its mass attack against Wellington’s centre-left.
- As such, they were on the receiving end of the counterattack launched by the British heavy cavalry and it was then that the eagle was lost, carried off in triumph by Sergeant Charles Ewart of the Royal North British Regiment of Dragoons later known as the Scots Greys.
- In Ewart’s own account, he says that he took the eagle from its bearer after cutting him through the head.
- This is a custom made replica of the Eagle standards of the French 45th Regiment, created by a combination of modern 3D scanning and old-fashioned artisanal craftsmanship.
- Now only small number of private collectors have the opportunity to own a superb memento of a once in a lifetime occasion.
- Hare & Humphreys Ltd based in London England, the Queen’s decorators & gilders, were granted access to the original Eagle of the 45th Regiment, in the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards Museum at Edinburgh Castle.
- In celebration of the bicentenary commemorations this historic event Hare & Humphreys produced a bespoke limited edition of 100 reduced size gilded replicas for the private collector.
- The 1st of the limited edition was presented to HRH The Princess Royal and the 2nd to Count Blucher at the East India Club on the 21st June 2015.
- Limited edition numbered 62 out of 100: 95% scale hand finished replica of the 45eme Napoleonic Imperial Eagle.
- Circa 21st century 2015.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- International worldwide shipping is available via ebay global shipping programme centre.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only.
- Cash on collection is welcome.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.