Worthpoint.com is an online resource which offers users information and advice about the value of their antiques and collectibles.
About the company
The company was founded by William H. Seippel, and offers subscribers access to a database of prices and information compiled from a large number of auction houses. The database features over 70 million realised prices from websites such as eBay, along with the world’s major auction houses.
The site offers users an unbiased, expert opinion from their team of ‘Worthologists’ on the value of any antique or collectible. The service costs $19.99, and provides a detailed valuation along with a guide to the item’s fair market value.
Worthopedia Price Guide
The company offers information on prices through its ‘Worthopedia’ Price Guide. The guide is arranged in the following categories:
- Alcohol & Smoking
- Books, Newspapers & Magazines
- Coins & Currency
- Ethnic, Folk & Native American Art
- Fine Art
- Firearms and Accessories
- Fraternal, Political, Organizations
- Furniture & Furnishings
- Militaria & Weapons
- Natural History
- Textiles, Clothing & Accessories
- Toys, Dolls, Games & Puzzles
- Transportation and Vehicles
The site also offers a number of features including:
- Community of forums in which users can contact each other for information and advice
- News stories and feature articles on a wide variety of related subjects
- Dealer profiles
- Classified adverts for users looking to buy and sell
- A calendar of upcoming auctions and events
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.