Small French Louis XVI Style Marquetry Escritoire Bronze Ormolu Writing Desk
- 1 Fine Vintage Exceptional Quality Small French Mahogany Marquetry Escritoire Bronze Ormolu Ladies Writing Desk.
- In The Louis XVI Style.
- Featuring a stunning bronze ormolu low gallery surround edged top.
- With 5 small deep drawers on the front.
- Having small bronze ormolu round drawer handles & fixtures. Stunning quality with beautiful marquetry floral foliage inlaid in Mahogany, Kingwood & Olivewood veneers.
- Origin from Paris, France.
- Finely handmade in hardwood.
- Heavy quality just over 20kg approx weight.
- No makers label.
- Supported with ormolu decorated mounts & 4 shaped Louis XVI style cabriole legs.
- Finest quality craftsmanship.
- Perfect for a ladies or smaller sized gentleman boudoir, library, study or writing room.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine old used condition.
- Having some noticeable veneer loss in places, various scuffs, scratches, stains, wear & some veneer lifting in places commensurate with usage & age.
- Small dent to wood on 1 leg.
- 1 round drawer handle has been replaced with a newer handle.
- Small repair has been made to lower trim above kneehole area with a nail inserted securing it.
- Circa mid 20th century 1950's.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Checkout our other exciting listings available in our shop gallery, if you order 2 or more items we can offer you multi buy discount, happy shopping.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.