Rare Medieval 16th Century Antique Carved Stone Sculpture Religious Monk Bible
- 1 Rare Unique English Reclaimed Medieval Architectural Early 16th Century Antique Carved Stone Sculpture Artwork Garden Religious Statue Monk Friar Ornament.
- Subject a religious monk friar holding his bible in 1 hand.
- So sought after and desired.
- Pay attentions & look at the picture closeups very closely as you can clearly see the stone masons hand carved chisel grove marks especially around the sides and also the centuries of wear & weathering holes erosion especially to the face and around the body.
- Limestone is highly porous and readily absorb liquids and is prone to wearing away
- Unsigned sculptor unknown.
- Originally it came from out of a monastery entrance from the South coast area of England.
- Free standing.
- Hand carved sculptured from out of solid limestone.
- It would make such a wonderful feature for either in your garden or in your home or office area.
- Heavy quality just under 6kg unwrapped weight.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine charming old used well worn weathered condition.
- Having various noticeable wear, stains, scuffs, chips, some holes in places & cracking commensurate with weathering, usage & old age.
- Provenance bought from out of a private museum collection.
- International shipping worldwide is available via the ebay global shipping programme.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send us a message.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Browse our exciting intriguing other collections available in our shop gallery, we can offer you extra discount if you order 2 or more items, happy shopping.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.