Rare Antique 20th Century High Quality Parian Wall Plaque of William Shakespeare
- Buy Now £300 Click to checkout
- 1 Rare Small Antique 20th Century High Quality Parian Wall Plaque of William Shakespeare In High Relief.
- Made from parian and set on an oval wooden base.
- It has wonderful intricate detail.
- Very unusual & highly collectible.
- With wire hanging thread on the back ready to display on your wall.
- Circa early 20th century, 1900's.
- Great to display in your home, living room, mancave area.
- Heavy quality approximate weight 1.6kg.
- Offered in overall fine used condition having a beautiful natural patina.
- Some minor chips & noticeable wear, stains,scratches consummate with usage & age.
- No makers mark.
- Parian ware is a type of biscuit porcelain imitating marble.
- It was developed around 1845 by the Staffordshire pottery manufacturer Mintons.
- Named after Paros, the Greek island renowned for its fine textured, white Parian marble used since antiquity for sculpture.
- It was also contemporaneously referred to as Statuary Porcelain by Copeland.
- Parian was essentially designed to imitate carved marble.
- With the great advantage that it could be prepared in a liquid form and cast in a mould, enabling mass production.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
The bookmarklet lets you save things you find to your collections.
Note: Make sure your bookmarks are visible.
Click and drag the Collect It button to your browser's Bookmark Bar.