Brian Lebel’s Old West Show & Auction
Brian Lebel’s Old West Show & Auction is a United States collectors’ event which describes itself as “now one of the most respected and anticipated Western collecting events in the nation.”
"Lebel Events" recently purchused the well known "High Noon" Show and Auction in Mesa, Arizona and it will know be know as "Brian Lebel's High Noon Show and Auction" It will still be held at the same time and place in Mesa each January.
The trade fair used to be held in Cody, Wyoming each summer and then moved to Denver, Colorado. Starting this coming year it will be held June 6th & 7th in Fort Worth, Texas at the Amon Carter Exhibit Hall at the Will Rogers Coliseum.
Founding and objectives
Brian Lebel, Founder, Director, founded the Cody Old West Show & Auction over two decades ago when, its website says, “the Western collectibles market was a small, tight-knit community of collectors and enthusiasts.”
The show was established to specialise in “historic, artful, fun and sometimes bizarre pieces of Western Americana [that] would appeal to a much broader public if people only knew they existed.”
Brian Lebel’s Cody Old West Show began over two decades ago in Cody, Wyoming as a small gathering of people with similar passions for the trappings of the American West.
In subsequent decades, the show has grown significantly in size and includes Western art, artifacts and antiques, and attracts dealers, collectors, buyers and enthusiasts.
The Show normally attracts hundreds of the country’s best dealers, artists and craftsmen who offer an extensive variety of goods, services and expertise in:
- Cowboy and Indian art and artifacts
- Antique and contemporary saddles, bits, spurs, bridles, and other trappings
- Custom leather, silver, horsehair and other fine crafts and merchandise
- Old West and Wild West memorabilia and collectibles
- Custom furniture and design for the Western home or ranch
- Historic and antique firearms
- Vintage and contemporary clothing
- Fine art
- Native American textiles and art
Brian Lebel’s Old West Show & Auction offers sales and appraisals to collectors, and facilitates private treaty sales for clients around the globe. An auction is also held each year.
Mr Lebel also offers consulting and design services for museums and collectors, and has successfully obtained and/or liquidated a number of major museum collections.
Institutions for which Brian Lebel has conducted appraisals include:
- The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Museum of Northwest Colorado, Craig, Colorado
- Roswell Museum & Art Center, Roswell, New Mexico
- Gilcrease Museum, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Eiteljorg Museum of Western Art, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Woolaroc Museum, Bartlesville, Oklahoma
The “one-and-only authenticated photograph of US outlaw Billy the Kid" sold for $2.3m at Brian Lebel’s Old West Auction on June 25 2011, against an estimate of $300,000 to $400,000.