Adam Partridge Auctioneers and Valuers
Adam Partridge Auctioneers and Valuers is an auction house based in Macclesfield, Cheshire.
About the company
Adam Partridge is one of the UK’s best known auctioneers and valuers of Antiques and Fine Art. For many years he has appeared as an antiques expert and auctioneer on numerous antiques television programmes including Flog It!, Bargain Hunt, Dickinson’s Real Deal and Cash In the Attic.
In 2008, he opened Adam Partridge Auctioneers & Valuers in Macclesfield, Cheshire, which has rapidly become the leading independent auction house in the North West, now operating from large purpose designed premises at Withyfold Drive, Macclesfield.
In 2011, Adam Partridge opened a second saleroom in central Liverpool, in the heart of the vibrant Baltic Triangle creative quarter. Monthly auctions are held, usually on the first Wednesday with valuation days on all other Wednesdays.
Free valuation days are held at the auction rooms every Monday from 9.30-12.30 and 5.30-7.30pm (except Bank Holidays).
Verbal valuations are given free of charge and home visits can are available by appointment. A complete service is offered from a single item to whole house contents. Transport and storage can also be arranged.
A comprehensive valuation service is provided for Probate, Insurance and other purposes.
Specialities and expertise
We have a team of specialist valuers and cataloguers covering a wide range of specialisms including:
- Antique Furniture
- Asian & Oriental Art
- Northern & Contemporary Art
- Musical Instruments
- Militaria including Medals & Weapons
- Sporting & Country Pursuits
- Scientific Instruments
- Mechanical Music
Every auction is streamed live online giving bidders from further afield the opportunity to participate in the auctions. Recent auctions have attracted around 700 registered internet bidders with around 40% selling online.
- July 5, 2012 - Antiques & Fine Art Sale with Textiles
- July 21, 2912 - Collectors Sale in Association with Partridge Media Antiques Weekends
- August 16, 2012 - Fine Art Sale
- September 27, 2912 - Antiques, Fine Art & Sporting Militaria Sale
- September 28, 2912 - Antiques, Fine Art & Sporting Militaria Sale
- November 8, 2912 - Antiques, Fine Art & Asian Art Sale
- January 31, 2013 - Antiques and Fine Art
- March 07, 2013 - Antiques and Fine Art
- April 18-19, 2013 - Antiques and Fine Art
Sale highlights include:
- £89,000 for a violin by Giuseppe Gagliano, Naples 1785, a world record for the maker.
- £47,000 for a Distinguished Flying Medal, Aden Conflict, 1966.
- £33,000 for a drawing by CFA Voysey, rescued from a local house clearance.
5th July 2012 - Antiques & Fine Art Sale with Textiles (Closing Date 11th June 2012) (Viewing 4th July 12-8pm)
21st July 2012 - Collectors Sale in Association with Partridge Media Antiques Weekends (Closing Date 25th June 2012) (Viewing 20th July 4-8pm)
16th August 2012 - Antiques & Fine Art Sale (Closing Date 23rd July 2012) (Viewing 15th August 12-8pm)
27th September 2012 - Antiques & Fine Art Sale with Militaria & Sporting (Closing Date 3rd September 2012) (Viewing 26th September 12-8pm)
- 8th November 2012 - Antiques & Fine Art Sale with Oriental & Asian Works of Art (Closing Date 15th October 2012) (Viewing 7th November 12-8pm)
- 13th December 2012 - Antiques & Fine Art Sale with Toys, Wines & Spirits (Closing Date 19th November 2012) (Viewing 12th December 12-8pm)